Launch of new wireless RICOH EH Environment Sensor D201/202 requiring no battery replacement
Maintenance-free monitoring of refrigerated, high temperature, and high humidity environments
TOKYO, September 28, 2021 – Ricoh Company, Ltd. announces the launch of new environmental sensing devices, RICOH EH Environment Sensor D201/2021. Customers can use these new devices in refrigerated, high-temperature, and high-humidity environments to acquire environmental information such as indoor temperature, humidity, illuminance, and air pressure without replacing batteries or relying on a wired connection. The acquired data, collected by Bluetooth® wireless technology or Wi-Fi™2, can be monitored in real-time on a PC or smart device, automatically saved and alerts can be set. This system contributes to the digital transformation of environmental management. by eliminating the need for manual temperature and humidity recording, battery replacement, and wiring at locations such as food processing and manufacturing facilities, as well as retail stores.
These new products are the successors to the RICOH EH Environment Sensor D101, launched in October 2020. They are equipped with the latest solid-state dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSC) module, the RICOH EH DSSC Series, which has improved power output by 20%. Unlike its predecessor, the new D201/202 can operate under a temperature range of -30°C to 60°C. In addition, the improved packaging for the D202 is waterproof and dustproof, significantly expanding usage scenarios.
In pursuit of realizing “A World Without Charging,” Ricoh will continue developing technologies to increase the output power and durability of environmental power generating devices. This will expand their applications as independent power sources for sensing devices, light-emitting devices, and switches.
1 Availability in Europe from in the first half of 2022
2 Wi-Fi connectivity requires the “RICOH EH Relay for Wi-Fi™”
- Temperature and humidity control for factories and warehouses
- Temperature control in food processing and manufacturing industries
- Temperature control of refrigerators and freezers
- Temperature, humidity, and light control of office space
- Operates in low light: Can be used in dim lighting, such as near warehouse or factory walls or recessed areas
- Wide temperature range: Operates under a temperature range of -30°C to 60°C
- Compact size: W43mm x D41mm x H14mm1, small enough to be installed in a variety of locations
- Multi-sensing function: Measures temperature, humidity, illuminance, atmospheric pressure, and voltage of the built-in lithium-ion battery
- Interface with PCs and smart devices: Software available for Windows® PC and smart device (Android™)
- Enhanced product lineup: IP442 waterproof and dustproof model3
1 For RICOH EH Environment Sensor D201
2 IP: IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) standard
3 RICOH EH Environment Sensor D202 model
- Launch of new RICOH EH DSSC modules with 20% increase in power generation
- Ricoh launches the world’s first solid-state dye-sensitized solar cell modules
News release in PDF format
* Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
* Wi-Fi is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
* Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
* Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
* Intel and Intel Atom are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
* All other company names or product names in this News Release are company trademarks or registered trademarks.
News & Events
Keep up to date
Ricoh declares June as Global SDGs Action Month
Notice regarding a Business Partnership between Ricoh and Toshiba Tec by necessary procedures such as Simplified Absorption-type Company Split, etc.
How Ricoh Unleashed its Professionals to Innovate an A3 Color MFP Series with 50% Recycled Materials Content that Delivers Top-Notch Environmental Performance
Ricoh awarded Gold rating by EcoVadis for its sustainability practices 2023